Check in Time
Check in is available Sunday morning (only) from 8.30am to 11.00am. Vehicle can not be dropped off prior to these times.
In order to book your vehicle you are required to complete and sign the Motorail Booking Form return to Great Trains and complete payment.
The following information is required to place your booking
- Make of vehicle
- Model of vehicle
- Year of vehicle
- Registration number
- Registered state
- Vehicle measurements including height, width, wheel track inner and outer and undercarriage clearance (refer diagram)
- Contact details of person checking in vehicle
- Contact details of person collecting vehicle
A - Vehicle width must not exceed 2.20m, including mirrors
B - Please refer to table below for height specifications
C - Wheel track inner must be greater than 92cm
D - Wheel track outer must not exceed 1.90m
E - Undercarriage clearance height must be greater than 13cm
- Maximum width: 2.2m
- Maximum height: 2.0m (including factory fitted roof racks)
Vehicle types carried
- Campervans and Camper Trailers (subject to approval)
- we are UNABLE to carry boats
Height / width and wheel track restrictions apply as above
Roof racks, wind deflectors, louvers etc must be removed before loading. The length of any tow bar should be included. Caravans, including pop tops and boats are not able to be conveyed by Motorail. Vehicles must be roadworthy at time of loading and capable of being driven onto carrier.Vehicles need to be collected within one hour of arrival.
Motorail Service Loading Checklist
Please ensure the following tasks have been completed prior to loading:
• Please ensure vehicle is registered and in a road worthy condition.
• Vehicle covers and tarpaulins are removed from vehicles or trailers.
• All flammable products are removed from the vehicle.
• Vehicle is not loaded with luggage so as to obstruct the driver’s view through all windows and vehicle does not sit lower than the manufacturer’s specifications.
• Roof racks are empty and do not breach the height restrictions of the Motorail service.Non factory fitted racks to be removed.
• Vehicle antenna must be included in vehicle height restrictions or removed.
• All valuable goods including but not limited to wallets, jewellery or electronic goods are removed from the vehicle.
• Check-in to the applicable Motorail Service loading area according to terminal check-in times.
• Motorail loading times provided at time of booking.